Fifty-Five Years and Going Strong
Universal Building Services and Supply Co. was founded in a garage in 1963 by Leonard Brusseau and Joseph Pieri. A willingness to work long hours and an acute attention to detail enabled them to build the company from these humble beginnings. UBS prides itself in offering prompt response, personal contact, efficient service and thorough follow-up to its clients. These principles support the company’s umbrella policy of total client satisfaction.
Starting with basic janitorial office cleaning (the original service), UBS now offers carpet cleaning, hard and resilient floor care, window cleaning, emergency clean up, and numerous other services. To strengthen its position as a leading provider of full-service cleaning and maintenance, UBS also added maintenance supply sales to the services offered by the company.
Now, fifty-five (55) years later, UBS remains family owned and services well over 30 million square feet of diverse building space throughout Northern and Central California. We have grown steadily to become a major presence in the field of total building cleaning maintenance throughout California, and have offices in Richmond (also the location of the corporate offices), Concord, San Jose, Sacramento, Petaluma, and Modesto.
At UBS, we remain dedicated to continuing those principles that have contributed to our longevity, stability and growth, and have resulted in the satisfaction and loyalty of our clients. With experienced leadership, trained workers, and a growing base of satisfied clientele, Universal Building Services and Supply Co. is poised to meet the challenges of the future with confidence.
Fifty-Five Years and Going Strong
Universal Building Services is committed to providing its clients with responsive, thorough and cost-effective services in the areas of buildings and facilities maintenance. We are a client-oriented, service organization. Without satisfied clients, our company’s growth, much less its business existence would not be possible.
To UBS clients, this longevity and steady growth of UBS means:
- Stability – UBS clients know from the longevity and track record of UBS that the company will be present year after year to provide them with excellent service.
- Knowledge – UBS clients appreciate the UBS “know-how” in utilizing the proper techniques and supplies to effectively clean its client’s facilities.
- Experience – UBS clients benefit from the wide scope and information base of UBS to be able to provide service to any and all situations.
- Efficiency – UBS clients enjoy the satisfaction of prompt response, efficient performance, and thorough follow-up from dedicated, trained personnel at all levels.
- Cost Effectiveness – UBS clients experience controlled maintenance costs through the time efficient use of the proper materials and techniques by UBS workers.
- Peace of Mind – UBS clients acquire this valuable, priceless asset by knowing that UBS cleans their facilities properly, efficiently, and in a cost effective manner, thereby freeing them of the maintenance concerns and allowing them the luxury of addressing other business matters.
UBS clients vary in size from small one-person businesses to multi-building campuses with thousands of employees.
We service all types of facilities:
- Offices and Suites
- Banks and Credit Unions
- Healthcare Facilities and Medical Offices
- School Districts
- City Government Facilities
- City Parks and Recreation Buildings
In business for well over 55 years, Universal Building Services is still owned and managed by its founders. The company has grown from a garage operation into a corporation with a business presence and district offices throughout Northern and Central California.
UBS provides maintenance services to the cities within the following counties throughout Northern and Central California:
Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Marin, Mendocino, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba